WIN A FREE ARTIST SPACE CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
- CONTEST PERIOD AND SPONSOR. “WIN A FREE ARTIST SPACE CONTEST” (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Allan Diamond Capital Management Inc., also known as the Montreal Art Centre / Griffintown Art School (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins on September 15, 2016 at 00:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 14, 2017 at 12:00:00 (noon) PM ET (the “Contest Period”). The clock used by Sponsor to compute the Entries (as such term is defined below) will be the official clock to determine the date and time of receipt of an Entry.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Quebec who are eighteen (18) years of age or more at the time of entry. The following persons cannot participate in the Contest: officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and/or representatives of Sponsor or its affiliates or related companies, advertising agencies, licensees, franchisees, partners, retailers, distributors and/or any other party related to the Contest. Also, any member of the immediate family of the persons mentioned in this section and any person living with them under the same roof (whether or not a member of their immediate family) cannot participate in the Contest. The term “immediate family” means fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, children, husbands, wives or spouses of the persons mentioned in this section, regardless of where they live.
- PARTICIPATION. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Internet access and a valid email address required.
LIMIT: maximum of one (1) Entry per person per month.
The entrant must submit each Entry personally. Entrants may only use one (1) email account in connection with this Contest. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email account. Photocopied, mechanically reproduced, forged or altered Entries are void. All Entries must be received during the Contest Period. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, undelivered, invalid, unintelligible, incomplete, misdirected, illegible, or damaged Entries, which will be disqualified. Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple email accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified within Sponsor’s sole discretion. Use of any automated system (including but not limited to, Entries submitted using any robot, script, macro, or other automated service) to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any person who submitted an Entry, the authorized account holder of the email account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email account by a provider, service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email accounts. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
During the Contest Period, a total of three (3) quarterly prizes will be awarded, each consisting in one (1) month of free artist space at the Montreal Art Centre / Griffintown Art School located at 1844 William St. Montreal, QC H3J 1R5 (each a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is CAN $200.00. The total ARV of all the Prizes for the Contest is CAN $600.00.
The selection of the artist space is at Sponsor’s sole discretion and is subject to availability. The Prizes and their components shall be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted for another prize or exchanged, in whole or in part, for money, unless otherwise agreed to by the Sponsor. If components/portions of the Prizes are not used, no compensation therefor will be provided to the Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if Sponsor is unable to award any Prize as described. Sponsor disclaims any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied by fact or in law relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality and condition, except where prohibited by law. Any other costs or expenses associated with a Prize but not specifically described above will be the responsibility of selected winners and/or guests.
- SELECTION. At Sponsor’s offices located at 1844 William St. Montreal, QC H3J 1R5, on the draw dates listed in the table below, one (1) Entry will be selected at random from all eligible Entries received prior to the applicable draw as eligible to win a Prize. LIMIT: one (1) Prize per person during the Contest Period. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total of eligible Entries received prior to the applicable monthly draw.
Entries submitted from September 15, 2016 at 00:00:01 (midnight and 1 second) ET until January 14, 2017 at 12:00:00 (noon) ET
January 14, 2017 at 14:00:00 ET
Entries submitted from January 14, 2017 at 12:00:01 (noon and 1 second) ET until May 14, 2017 at 12:00:00 (noon) ET
May 14, 2017 at 14:00:00 ET
Entries submitted from May 14, 2017 at 12:00:01 (noon and 1 second) ET until September 14, 2017 at 12:00:00 (noon) ET
September 14, 2017 at 14:00:00 ET
- NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM CONDITIONS.
The potential winner of a Prize will be notified by email and/or telephone at the address and/or telephone number provided at the time of Entry within two (2) days of a draw. The selected entrant will have three (3) days following the notification to contact the Sponsor to claim his/her Prize.
In the event that, for any reason, Sponsor cannot contact the selected entrant within a three (3) day period following the notification, the selected entrant will be disqualified and Sponsor may, at its discretion, proceed to a new drawing amongst all eligible Entries received to identify another potential winner who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. Sponsor will arrange for delivery of the Prizes by mail.
To be declared a winner, the selected entrant must: (i) respond to selection notification within the time period described herein; (ii) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered at a mutually agreeable time by telephone; and (iii) otherwise comply with these Rules. In addition, to claim the Prize, the selected entrant must complete and sign a declaration and release of liability (the “Form”) which Sponsor will send by mail, courier, fax or email and which the selected entrant must return duly completed and signed within seven (7) days of receipt thereof.
If a selected entrant fails to: (i) correctly answer the skill-testing question, (ii) provide the Forms signed by the selected entrant within the prescribed deadline, or (iii) otherwise comply with these Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE. All Contest entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates or related companies, advertising agencies, licensees, franchisees, partners, retailers, distributors and any other interveners related to the Contest and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all claims, cause of action, or liability, including, without limitation, any injury, death or damage to or loss of property, resulting from the Contest, including but not limited to, the entry process or participation in the Contest or acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Releasees shall not be liable for any: (1) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants; or an error related to the programming of the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, such as in particular, hardware or software errors; faulty computer; any malfunctions, inaccessibility of the Contest website in whole or in part for any reason; service interruptions or disconnections of wireless or Internet networks, telephone lines; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; (3) unauthorized human intervention at any stage of the Contest entry process or participation; (4) technical or human errors which may occur in the administration of the Contest or in the processing of Entries; or (5) any harm or prejudice suffered by persons, or any material damages resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance, use, implementation or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason, it is confirmed that an entrant’s Entry was deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted by error, the only remedy, which the entrant is entitled to, is requesting to obtain another Entry to the Contest, if possible.
- PRIVACY. Sponsor and its authorized agents will collect, use, and disclose the personal information you provide at the time of Entry to the Contest for the purposes of administering the Contest and Prize fulfillment. Winners consent to the Sponsor’s use of their names, photographs, cities, voices, images and/or statements, related to their Prize for publicity purposes in any manner or media including the internet, at any time, in perpetuity, without compensation.
The opportunity to receive other communications about Sponsor’s products, contests and other promotional offers may be provided by Sponsor.
- RIGHT TO MODIFY/SUSPEND/TERMINATE. If, for any reason, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) with respect to residents of Quebec, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, without notice or obligation.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Contest, or any part thereof, is impaired in any way for any reason or is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, programming errors, or technical failures, which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, and subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec for the residents of Quebec, void any Entry and: (a) terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Contest, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Contest, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Rules; and/or (c) award the Prizes from among the eligible Entries in accordance with a fair and adequate selection.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify from this Contest any person which Sponsor deems or becomes aware has tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Contest website/platform/application, who does not comply with these Rules or acts in a manner that goes against the spirit of the Contest or adversely or with the intent to disturb, insult, threaten, intimidate or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE/PLATFORM/APPLICATION (OR A SITE LINKED THERETO) OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
All decisions rendered by the Sponsor are final and without appeal. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision contained herein. If any provision of these Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. The paragraph headings are used for reference purposes only and shall not affect the interpretation of the Rules.
- QUEBEC. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.