You will learn how to create a stained glass piece using copper foil technique (Tiffany Style) and will take home a beautiful sun-catcher. Small size of class means that you will get a lot of individual attention.
The workshop covers the basics of the following:
- Scoring, breaking and grinding glass
- Foiling, burnishing and tinning individual pieces of a project
- Soldering the project together
- Making and attaching a hook
- Applying patina and cleaning the finished piece
All necessary tools are provided.
Lead and different chemicals are used. This course is not suitable for children. If you are or suspect of being pregnant, please do not take this workshop.
Students must wear closed-toe shoes. For your own safety, please wear comfortable, close fitting cotton clothing. If you have long hair, please make sure to tie it up.
Cost: $50. plus $30 materials
Date and Time: Saturday, February 17, 1 – 5 pm
- Registration is online, by phone or in person, classes to be paid in full.
- Cancellation up to 24 hours before class – $20 cancellation fee.
- After a session starts, students can cancel in case of an emergency. In this case, the student will be charged for classes taken, and will receive a credit for the remaining classes to be used with the same teacher at another time
- The Griffintown Art School retains the right to cancel a class if there are not enough students enrolled. Full amount will be refunded.