Course Description: In this course you will create a stained glass sun-catcher and a stained glass panel (approx. 8×10 inches) using copper foil technique (Tiffany Style). At the end of the course you will take your artwork home as proof of your newly acquired skills. The class is limited to maximum 6 students, so you will get a lot of individual attention.
The course covers the basics of the following:
- Learning the basics of glass types and selection choices for projects
- Pattern preparation (using templates) and drawing on glass
- Scoring, breaking and grinding glass
- Foiling, burnishing and tinning individual pieces of a project
- Soldering the project together
- Cutting and fitting zinc or copper frame
- Making and attaching hooks
- Applying patina, cleaning and polishing the finished piece
The pattern choices are supplied and all necessary tools are provided.
Lead and different chemicals are used. This course is not suitable for children. If you are or suspect of being pregnant, please do not take this course.
Students must wear closed-toe shoes. For your own safety, please wear comfortable, close fitting cotton clothing. If you have long hair, please make sure to tie it up.
Cost: $100. plus $60 materials
Date and Time: Tuesdays, Mar 5 – 26, 6:30 – 9:00
- Registration is online, by phone or in person, classes to be paid in full.
- Cancellation up to 24 hours before class – $20 cancellation fee.
- After a session starts, students can cancel in case of an emergency. In this case, the student will be charged for classes taken, and will receive a credit for the remaining classes to be used with the same teacher at another time
- The Griffintown Art School retains the right to cancel a class if there are not enough students enrolled. Full amount will be refunded.